Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Can They Really Take Over My IRA Account?

Have you seen or heard anything about this story? What with the federal government running amok, spending money on TARPs and "Reinvestment" packages, what will they do when the money runs out, and printing more becomes unjustifyable? Well, in October 2008 Congress held hearings regarding the idea of the federal government taking over people's individual retirement accounts, "returning" them to the amount they held prior to the stock market plunge of late last year, and then depositing that money for you in your social security account. I am not making this up! see infowars.com or search IRA government confiscation and you will find the lead article, featuring an economics professor Teresa Ghilarducci discussing the proposal.



Please tell me this gets your attention! This is YOUR money! The entire theme on which this proposal is based is that all the dollars really belong to the government, and it is just allowing you to use it. Or, deciding that the wealth needs to be "redistributed".



I am certain the American people would rebel about this IF THE MEDIA WOULD REPORT IT or even the idea of it. Be alert! Watch for this! We need to be ready if such a confiscation is even proposed.

1 comment:

  1. Tammy,
    I've always loved your passion for politics and current events!
    I hope you don't mind, I'm adding you to my favorite blogs on my blog, I need someone on my list of favs. who has the gonads to say the things you say so well!
    I miss you,
    ~pR

    ReplyDelete