Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Political Conversion - It Can Happen

I used to be a liberal. I was 19 years old and I was attracted to the idea of the world being perfectly fair to all people, being free of "nukes", everything and everyone equal...I went to a "no nukes" rally at the Federal Building in L.A., thinking that I was very socially aware and contributing to my world by protesting nuclear power and defensive weapons. But as I looked around that day at the people of varying ages, many smoking pot and behaving badly, I realized that these were not people I wanted to be when I grew up. That was the day I became a conservative, without even realizing what it was called to feel the way I did.

You just never know what someone else may be thinking or when their "Aha!" moment may come in regard to conservative vs. liberal principles. All we can do is continue to present the facts! I believe the tide is turning in the minds of many right now. Let's encourage the people who espouse conservative values to lead by example. It's time for change. Mmm hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment